History

Station Bar & Curio hasn't always lived in Woodstock. Built by the Ulster & Delaware Railroad Company in 1900, the station originally sat 10 miles south in Brown's Station, a village "flooded out of existence" by the building of the Ashokan reservoir in 1906. It's second home was in the town of Ashokan, where it was a functioning station until U & D passenger service ended in 1954. The station then sat abandoned until 1970, when it was brought to Woodstock on a flatbed truck by Victor Basil, where it has rested ever since.